Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Clothes Show Live 2016

I've been meaning to write a post about this but towards the end of last year everything was so hectic. I'd had a crazy, stressful but VERY exciting time at the Clothes Show, and after getting back home I had so much catching up to do on orders and re-stocking my Etsy shop. I hope you've all had an amazing start to the year. I can definitely say that I had the best Christmas/New Year/Birthday this year to date. And now a month or two later down the line I've decided that I wanted to share my experience on my blog.

If any of you went to the Clothes Show, you'll know that it was the last EVER! It was actually quite emotional as it brought back lots of memories from when I used to work backstage in the fashion theatre. And it was just an amazing experience that I got to be there at the last one. I met so many amazing people and everyone was so friendly and kind. I'd found out exactly a month before the Clothes Show was starting that I'd got a stand with ASOS Marketplace. So in between having a full time job and all the other daily tasks I managed to make a couple of hundred bags in a few weeks.

I was very nervous but excited, and basically just didn't really know what to expect? We went to set up the day before and you could already feel the buzz around the halls. Quite a few of us who were there with ASOS Marketplace had spent the whole day getting everything organised. I had decided that I wanted shelves on the wall to display my clutch bags, which took a while to put up. I wanted to keep it quite simple and just make the bags stand out and speak for themselves.

So the first day of the Clothes Show quickly came around and I noticed that it was a lot of students on the first day. Every day was pretty hectic and as I was on my own it was difficult to even get a bite to eat or run to the loo, but all the girls around were really lovely and we all kinda helped each other out which was so helpful!

The five days flew by so quickly and even though I was so rushed off my feet I was absolutely buzzing! The event was such an amazing experience and I was ecstatic to meet so many lovely customers who gave wonderful feedback. The one thing I loved was meeting some of my customers face to face and finally putting a face to the name.

There were so many other talented designers and unique brands there and it was lovely to just have a few giggles whilst the quiet spells throughout the day. I've added a few photos below of my stand although as it was SO busy I guess I didn't have time to take that many photos. I wish I'd actually taken a few more and spent a bit more time on that. I've now got most of those bags back in stock in my Etsy store, so if you see any that you like, go pop over to www.sukisaburdesigns.etsy.com. You can currently get 15% off with the code 'LOVEGLITTER' at the checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment